The mid-size sedan market is full of excellent choices, so finding the right vehicle for you might feel like quite the task. That’s where Nissan of Orangeburg comes in. We’ve put together a comprehensive guide for helping you compare the top midsize sedans on the market. Grab a pen and paper because you might want to take notes, as we walk you through the different aspects to consider for buying your new car.
Read on to learn more about your next midsize sedan, and when you’re ready to purchase, stop by Nissan of Orangeburg!
|Category||2024 Nissan Altima|
(Trim 2.5 SR)
|2024 Honda Accord (Trim: EX-L Hybrid)||2024 Toyota Camry |
|Basic||3 yr./36,000 mi.||3 yr./36,000 mi.||3 yr./36,000 mi.|
|Drivetrain||5 yr./60,000 mi.||5 yr./60,000 mi.||5 yr./60,000 mi.|
|Roadside Assistance||3 yr./36,000 mi.||3 yr./36,000 mi.||2 yr./unlimited mi.|
|Navigation||Optional||Available on other styles||Available on other styles|
|Satellite Radio||Standard||Not available||Standard|
|Adaptive Cruise Control||Available on other styles||Standard||Standard|
|Parking Assistance||Standard||Standard||Available on other styles|
|Cooled/Ventilated Seats||Not available||Available on other styles||Available on other styles|
|Folding Rear Seats||Standard||Standard||Standard|
|Engine Power||188 hp @ 6,000 rpm||192 hp @ 6,000 rpm||203 hp @ 6,600 rpm|
|Engine Torque||180 lb-ft @ 3,600 rpm||192 lb-ft @ 5,000 rpm||184 lb-ft @ 5,000 rpm|
|Engine Displacement||2.5 l||2.0 l||2.5 l|
|Engine Configuration||Inline 4||Inline 4||Inline 4|
|Drivetrain||Front wheel drive||Front wheel drive||Front wheel drive|
|Transmission||Continuously variable-speed automatic||Electrically variable-speed automatic||8-speed shiftable automatic|
|Wheel Type||Painted alloy wheels||Painted alloy wheels||Painted alloy wheels|
|Run Flat Tires||Not available||Not available||Not available|
|City/Hwy/Combined MPG||27/37/31 MPG||51/44/48 MPG||28/39/32 MPG|
|Fuel Capacity||16.2 gal.||12.8 gal.||15.8 gal.|
|Driving Range (City/Hwy)||437/599 miles||653/563 miles||442/616 miles|
|Fuel Type||Regular unleaded||Regular unleaded||Regular unleaded|
|Curb Weight||3,329 lb.||3,468 lb.||3,340 lb.|
|Ground Clearance||–||5.3 in.||5.7 in.|
|Overall Width without Mirrors||72.9 in.||73.3 in.||72.4 in.|
|Height||56.9 in.||57.1 in.||56.9 in.|
|Length||192.9 in.||195.7 in.||192.7 in.|
|Wheelbase||111.2 in.||111.4 in.||111.2 in.|
|Cargo Space||15.4 cu. ft.||16.7 cu. ft.||15.1 cu. ft.|
|Front Head Room||39.1 in.||37.5 in.||38.3 in.|
|Front Leg Room||43.8 in.||42.3 in.||42.1 in.|
|Front Shoulder Room||58.2 in.||57.9 in.||57.7 in.|
|Rear Head Room||36.9 in.||37.2 in.||38.0 in.|
|Rear Leg Room||35.2 in.||40.8 in.||38.0 in.|
|Rear Shoulder Room||57.1 in.||56.5 in.||55.7 in.|
|Trims||S, SV, SR, SR-VC Turbo, and SL||LX, EX, Sport, EX-L, Sport-L, and Touring||LE, SE, SE Nightshade, XSE, XLE, and TRD|
While there aren’t as many midsize sedans on the market as there used to be, the 2024 Nissan Altima, Honda Accord, and Toyota Camry keep the class going strong. Each of these midsize sedans has their own unique features and styling at a similar price point.
The 2024 Nissan Altima starts at only $25,730 MSRP, making it an affordable option for those shopping for a new midsize sedan. Its competitive price makes it a popular choice, in addition to its modern styling, available all-wheel drive, and the option for a turbocharged engine.
The 2024 Honda Accord starts at $33,840, making it the most expensive of the three vehicles we’re comparing. The 2024 Accord is stylish, spacious, and practical, which makes it great for families, whether you’re going on long road trips, commuting, or taking the kids to soccer practice.
Finally, we have the 2024 Toyota Camry, which starts at $27,960 MSRP. The highly recognizable Toyota Camry comes in both gas and hybrid options, making it a great vehicle for commuting or around town driving. The Camry is spacious for both passengers inside and cargo in the trunk, plus it comes with the option for all-wheel drive.
What’s New for the 2024 Nissan Altima?
For 2024, Nissan is keeping what was already working for the Altima and made no major changes this year. The only difference you may notice is a slightly higher starting price than in 2023.
What’s New for the 2024 Honda Accord?
With the 2023 launch of the Accord’s 11th generation, the 2024 model will most likely remain unchanged. There is always potential for a new color option to debut!
What’s New for the 2024 Toyota Camry?
Same as the last two vehicles, the Camry received no major upgrades this model year, with the highly anticipated launch of the 2025 Toyota Camry coming some time in 2024.
2024 Nissan Altima Performance
- The 2024 Altima’s base model comes with a 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine, putting out 188 horsepower and 180 lb-ft of torque. The new Altima’s highest trim level, SR VC-Turbo, comes with a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine, putting our 248 horsepower with the use of premium gas.
- Nissan has equipped all Altima models with a continuously variable automatic transmission (CVT).
- Altima boasts a dynamic handling performance with its precise steering and linear braking.
- Ride comfortably on 16- or 17-inch wheels, providing balance on bumpy or uneven roads.
- With the 2.5-liter four cylinder and all-wheel drive, achieve zero to 60 in only 7.4 seconds.
- The turbocharged 2.0-liter engine with front-wheel drive can get you from zero to 60 in a mere 5.9 seconds.
- Turbocharged 2.0-liter engine, combined with front-wheel drive, delivers quicker acceleration, reaching 60 mph in just 5.9 seconds.
2024 Honda Accord Performance
- The Honda Accord’s LX and EX trims come with a turbocharged 1.5-liter four-cylinder engine, putting out 192 horsepower, and feature CVT and front-wheel drive.
- The Accord’s hybrid powertrain comes with two electric motors and a 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine, generating a combined 204 horsepower.
- The Sport, EX-L, Sport-L, and Touring models come with the available hybrid powertrain.
- For the 2024 model year, you’ll notice an improved ride quality with its upgraded suspension and steering.
- Comfortable, well-balanced ride with precise steering.
- All-wheel drive is not offered for the 2024 model year.
2024 Toyota Camry Performance
- The four-cylinder Camry SE goes from zero to 60 in only 8.2 seconds, boasting optimal fuel economy and more pep in its step with acceleration than in previous years.
- The SE model also presents a sportier suspension, making it ideal for dynamic, aggressive driving.
- Camry SE also performs and handles well during regular, everyday driving or commuting.
- The Camry provides good control with its responsive yet light braking.
2024 Nissan Altima Technology
- 12.3-inch infotainment touchscreen.
- Wireless connectivity availability for Android Auto and Apple CarPlay for uninterrupted smartphone integration.
- Available onboard navigation system with voice command capability, making finding your destination easier than ever.
- Back-up and surround-view cameras for safe viewing while reversing.
- ProPilot Assist system of safety features, including low-speed adaptive cruise control, which even performs well in traffic, and lane centering.
2024 Honda Accord Technology
- Modern 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment interface.
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity included with the 12.3-inch touchscreen.
- Touring trim offers available Google voice assistant and services integration.
- Bose sound system and Google Assistant comes as an optional package on Accord’s lower trim levels to upgrade your in-cabin tech.
- Honda Sensing suite offers an inclusive set of safety and driving assistance features.
- Easily activate adaptive cruise control – a simple press of a button on the steering wheel makes it easier and safer than ever.
2024 Toyota Camry Technology
- Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and Amazon Alexa come standard for harmonious connectivity.
- The infotainment touchscreen comes standard at seven inches, with a 9-inch touchscreen available for upgrade.
- The Camry’s higher trim packages come with the option for built-in navigation.
- The Camry comes equipped with three USB ports to keep all passengers charged up.
- Choose to upgrade to the optional wireless charging station so your battery is always full when you’re on the go.
- Toyota’s Safety Sense 2.5+ suite of driver assistance features, includes, automatic emergency braking, lane-keeping assist, and adaptive cruise control to enhance your overall safety on the road.
Comfort & Space
2024 Nissan Altima Comfortability
- Front passenger storage options include deep, narrow door pockets and a center console tray.
- Rear passenger space includes ample legroom, but if you’re looking for more cargo space without passengers, the rear seats do not fold down completely. Releasing the seats requires handles located in the trunk.
- Carry up to six carry-on size bags in the track, or fold down the rear seats and pack up to 17 bags.
2024 Honda Accord Comfortability
- Accord’s cabin is quiet, keeping unwanted road noise out of the vehicle.
- On the hybrid models, electric mode provides an even quieter drive.
- Accord boasts adjustability to ensure comfort for every driver.
- Effective climate control system helps maintain a comfortable cabin temperature at all times.
- Accord handles bumps, imperfections, and uneven roads with its exceptional ride quality.
- Some trim levels do not include rear-seat air vents, creating a less than ideal experience for rear passengers.
2024 Toyota Camry Comfortability
- Spacious cabin with the ability to accommodate a variety of drivers during any length of trip.
- Enjoy a smooth, comfortable ride as a passenger on long road trips.
- Camry boasts a powerful climate control system that is easy to use and keeps passengers comfortable in any condition.
- The Camry’s cabin is slightly noisier compared to the Altima and Accord, but still boasts an overall comfortable experience for drivers and passengers.
2024 Nissan Altima Color Options
- Pearl White Tricoat
- Brilliant Silver Metallic
- Gun Metallic
- Gray Sky Pearl
- Super Black
- Deep Blue Pearl
- Scarlet Ember Tintcoat
2024 Honda Concord
- Platinum White Pearl
- Canyon River Blue Metallic
- Crystal Black Pearl
- Solar Silver Metallic
- Urban Gray Pearl
- Meteorite Gray Metallic
- Radiant Red Metallic
2024 Toyota Camry
- Midnight Black Metallic
- Celestial Silver Metallic
- Supersonic Red
- Predawn Gray Mica
- Ice Cap
- Reservoir Blue
- Ice Edge
- Calvary Blue
Overview: Advantages of 2024 Nissan Altima
2024 Nissan Altima Advantages
- Affordable price point
- Easy, comfortable drive
- Highly comprehensive driver-assist systems
- Perceptive AWD with quick condition monitoring
- Impressive commands, including Active Ride Control, Intelligent Trace Control, and Automatic Brake Hold.
- Possible Disadvantage
- No hybrid powertrain option
2024 Honda Accord Advantages
- Hybrid powertrain’s impressive fuel economy and power
- Extensive rear-passenger legroom
- Spacious trunk
- Optimal driver visibility
- Possible Disadvantage
- No all-wheel drive or sport engine option available
2024 Toyota Camry Advantages
- Remarkable fuel economy
- Spacious cabin and trunk
- Comfortable, easy drive
- Standard comprehensive suite of driver assistance
- Possible Disadvantage
- Four-cylinder engine sound is not clear or refined.
2024 Nissan Altima: Which Do You Choose?
As you can see, the midsize sedan market has some great family friendly and road-trip friendly vehicles to choose. We hope this comparison has made your choice even easier!
When it’s time to buy your new midsize sedan or new Nissan, stop by Nissan of Orangeburg. We have a wide variety of new cars for sale, ranging from SUVs to trucks – whichever Nissan for sale you’re looking for.